Sunday, September 15, 2013

September 15


They hustled me out out of the room almost immediately.  For testing.  It’s now the night after the procedure.  I was finally getting a chance to sit and catch my breath, when Jim walked in.

“How you feeling?” he asked.

“Good,” I said. 

“You tired at all?”  he asked.

I looked closed at him.  “What’s wrong?”

“Mark fell asleep almost right after you left the room.  He hasn’t gotten up yet.”

Me, I was strangely energized.

“How are you feeling?” he asked looking at me closely.

“I’m good,” I said.  And I was.  “But me…Mark…”

“We have our best people looking at him.  We haven’t seen anything yet.  He appears to be in a deep sleep.  Coma like.  But he isn’t in danger, just….asleep.”

“Why?”  I searched my memory for anything that might be relevant.  “Why?”

“We don’t know.”  Jim sat.  He looked tired.  “We. Don’t. Know.”

“Bring everything in here.”  I said.  “ I want to talk to everyone.   Everyone.”

Jim nodded wearily.  He had accepted me. 

No comments:

Post a Comment